Munuaisia vahingoittavat huonossa hoidossa oleva diabetes ja korkea verenpaine, ei runsasproteiininen ruokavalio. Lääkäri Elie Jarrouge:https://twitter.com/ElieJarrougeMD/stat ... 6211052957
A high protein diet is NOT “hard on the kidneys”. Let me explain:
1. Protein is metabolized in the liver, not the kidneys.
2. Waste products from protein metabolism (urea, creatinine and uric acid) are very small molecules that easily go through the kidney filters and end up in the urine without much effort from the kidneys, just like any substance dissolved in water can go through a sieve without any issue.
3. proteins circulating in the blood don’t get filtered out just like you can’t filter out rocks through a sieve.
4. If the kidney filters are already severely damaged and scarred, the waste products cannot be filtered out well (because the sieve is clogged) and they build up in the blood. However, those molecules did NOT cause the damage to the filters.
5. When you find protein in the urine, it’s because the filters are damaged with big holes allowing big molecules to get through, but the protein did not cause that damage.
6. The top 2 causes of damaged kidney filters are diabetes and hypertension (up to 75% of cases).
So, the logical question now is: how do we prevent the kidneys from being damaged?
For the majority of cases, it’s by avoiding or improving/reversing type 2 diabetes and hypertension, which are largely dietary diseases caused by excess ultra processed foods (sugar and refined carbohydrates) that lead to insulin resistance and the development of organ damage (cardiovascular disease, kidney failure, etc.)
There are many other causes of kidney damage that make the remaining 25%, but is beyond the point of this post.
Tutkimus: Jos diabeettinen munuaisairaus on päässyt kehittymään, proteiinien rajoittaminenvoi hidastaa sen etenemistä, joskaan ei pidennä munuaissairaan ikää.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 0to%202.06
Siinä tilanteessa vhh/ketossa on luultavasti turvallisinta painottaa painottaa rasvaa.
Siitähän on tuoretta tutkimusnäyttöä, että keto auttaa diabeettisessa munuaissairaudessa.viewtopic.php?p=2494879#p2494879